The Fly Shop and Market Place
In July 2016, Riverview Lodge and Cabins opened the long-anticipated fly shop and market. As a fly shop, supporting fly fishers, there is a great assortment of flies useful on these local Au Sable River waters, including dry flies, nymphs, wet flies, streamers, terrestrials, and mice patterns. In addition, there are several Mystic fly rods and assorted reels on display, useful for these waters. We partner with Gates Au Sable Lodge as Josh Greenberg has been very helpful in getting our store stocked with more essential fly fishing inventory including lines, leaders, tippet, clothing and fly fishing accessories.
In addition to the fishing wares, our Market Place has a full assortment of items including pizza by the slice or whole, premium frozen steaks and other meats, fresh vegetables during the season, extensive assortment of specialty and gourmet foods, build your own beer and pop six and four packs and the largest variety of top shelf liquor and wines in the area.
The Fly Shop also sells Michigan DNR fishing and hunting licenses.
Come visit us soon and check out how our Fly Shop and Market Place have expanded to meet your fishing and convenience needs.
The Fly Shop and Market Place -
Phone (989) 344-2164
Summer 2018 - through Labor Day
Monday - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Tuesday - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Wednesday - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Thursday - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Friday – 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sunday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Provisions at The Market Place
- Extensive assortment of specialty and gourmet food items
- Largest selection of top shelf liquor and wines in the area
- Over 50 brands of premium and craft beer
- Build your own beer and pop in six and four packs
- Bottled water
- Hot coffee and tea
- Bagged ice
- Premium frozen steaks and other meats
- Dairy products
- Fresh vegetables during the season
- Pizza by the slice or whole
- Toiletries and sundry items
- Propane tank refills
Fly Shop Products and Services:
- Premium brand fly fishing gear and accessories
- Unique gifts and branded apparel
- Gift certificates for any purchase or lodging at Au Sable Riverview Resort.
- River reports: flows, temperature & fishing
- Vehicle spotting upon availability
- Friendly professional staff
Fly Fishing Guide Services and Instruction - Available Year-Round
- Rates for 2018 Guide Service and Instruction - excluding gratuities :
- Full Day - 8 to 9 hours, includes streamside meal. Single angler $375; Two anglers $395.
- Half Day - 4 to 5 hours, no streamside meal. One or two anglers $295.
- Hex Trip - Begins 5-7pm, includes dinner. Single angler $395; Two anglers $425
- Mousing - Begins approximately 9 pm. One or two anglers, no meal. $325
- Instruction - $200 Single or Double, Approximately 4 Hours
- For reservations or additional information, call or email Tom at (248) 495-2615 email@example.com or Scott at (248) 318-3770 firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SHOP at (989) 344-2164